This card uses inch blocks of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (DSP) to make a paper quilt. After glueing the squares to the Blushing Bride layer I ran it through the Coastal Weave 3D embossing folder to simulate a quilted look. A few more layers of cardstock and a sentiment cut with the Well Written Dies and done. This is a nice technique to show off and use up scraps of our retiring DSPs.
Let’s get together and craft via Zoom! Shannon West, a Stampin’ Up! staff member, created a fun template to transform 2 half sheets of Designer Series Paper (DSP) into 11 cards. I will provide the template/measurements in a tutorial (for either Letter (inches) or A4 (centimetres) cardstock, and we can all meet up on Zoom to cut and assemble together! This is a great way to use up some of your paper hoard and get a bunch of cards ready to send out or give as a gift pack.
Zoom Session: Saturday, 16 May, 10:00 am AEST. Check the time for your location.
- Your choice of 2 half sheets of uncut DSP, 11 shapes for sentiments, 11 unscored coordinating card bases and Whisper White inside panels, 11 envelopes, $25.00
- Your choice of cut DSP, 11 shapes for sentiments, 11 scored coordinating card bases and Whisper White inside panels, 11 envelopes, $30.00
Shipping via Parcel Post is an additional $8.95.
Kit ordering and pre-payment deadline
- Shipped: Wednesday, 6 May
- Melbourne pick-up: Sunday 10 May
Have you been wondering about Stampin’ Up!’s kits? Here’s an opportunity to give some of them a try. You’ll receive 8 cards from these four kits:
- For the Love of Felt (Annual Catty p. 201)
- Notes of Kindness (Annual Catty p. 202)
- Three Cheers for You (Jan-June Mini p. 59)
- Seriously the Best (Jan-June Mini p. 60)
Class Kit: includes all the pieces and printed directions needed to create 8 cards. You will need to supply your own stamps and ink for sentiments, as well as having basic adhesive (like Multipurpose Liquid Glue) for assembly.
Cost: $35 + $8.95 optional shipping (Australia only)
RSVP & Payment Deadline is Wednesday, 20 May to ensure timely delivery.